As 2012 opens, we hope that:
- Joe Mauer can play an injury free season for the first time since 2008.
- Justin Morneau and Denard Span can put concussion symptoms behind them and have successful years.
- Morneau plays a game in September.
- Scott Baker can overcome his elbow problems and continue to be the Twins best pitcher
- Francisco Liriano can be the pitcher we saw in 2010.
- Matt Capps pitches the opposite of what he did this spring
- Someone in the bullpen not named Capps, Glen Perkins, or Brian Duensing can step up and be a solid option in the late innings for Ron Gardenhire.
- Josh Willingham can produce similar offensive numbers while playing in spacious Target Field.
- The Twins can win a series against the Yankees (Last one came in August of 2008).
- The Twins use the DL a bit less than the 27 times it was used in 2011.
And lastly, we all hope the Twins defy the odds once more, and capture their their 7th AL Central division crown.