- Joe Mauer has been ruled out for Opening Day with that inflammed SI joint in his back. Lately he has been slowly working back into baseball activities after his medication was increased. Please take your time with him so he can be healthy for the remainder of the season.
- Jose Morales was picked as the teams backup catcher to open up the season while Mauer recovers. And all indications are that he will get to catch at least once or twice a week behind Mike Redmond. Hey thats great. I just hope he can continue his career batting average of 1.000 in the majors (Knock on wood).
- Jason Kubel has hit the cover off the ball this spring with a .345 average while hitting three home runs and eleven rbi. He should be the cleanup hitter in Mauer's absence. Without a doubt. This guy is gonna have a break out season.
- I hate to say it, but it looks as if Matt Tolbert will start the season at AAA Rochester. With the addition of Joe Crede the Twins now have alot of infielders and with Brian Buscher and Brendan Harris having good springs he will be the odd man out. :p
- Scott Baker has struggled this spring since he was named the opening day starter. He is 1-2 with a 6.85 era while pitching 23.2 innings. He has given up a whopping 9 home runs. Please just get all of that out now, and when April 6th comes around you will be lights out.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Its been a while again so i will try and collect some thought from the last couple of weeks.